Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A little depressing...

I don't know why but I have been thinking about Kent's mission SO much lately. I am really really happy he is going to go on a mission, but at the same time I feel so guilty because I don't want to be without him for two years. I know that it is satan who is making me feel that way but I just can't help it. I am going to miss him so much. You know when people say you're heart aches??? Well mine is doing exactly that. It is literally HURTING because I know I have much less than a year before he leaves. I hate hearing about how only 7% of girls wait the entire two years for the missionary- and even more than that, I HATE hearing that only 3% of those 7% actually marry their missionary. I know it is just a statistic and that Kent and I will beat those odds but it just depresses me beyond belief. I need to be more positive- it is the only thing that will make me feel better. This will literally be the hardest thing of my life.

On a more positive note, I am going to use those two years to grow up. These are my goals for the two years Kent will be gone:
1. Continue going to school (get closer to graduating)
2. Become financially independent (which means get an actual job)
3. Move out
4. Learn how to cook meals
5. Strengthen my testimony in the church
5. Prepare to be a wife/mother
6. Stay busy (maybe study abroad?)
7. Learn Spanish ha

I don't know why I decided to blog about all this but I guess I needed to :)

2 Comments:

At March 23, 2010 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Alicia Baker said...

My parents dated through high school and my mom waited for my dad and they got married! It's possible!!! I know it will work out for you two. I feel a bit of your pain, but I'm sure it is a bazillion times more intense for you. Believe!!!!

 
At March 24, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Thanks for the comment Alicia! I know everything will be fine it is just a scary thought that he will be leaving for so long!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home